Saturday, August 16, 2008

Evening at Tide Mill Farm


The evening light is simply awesome at Tide Mill Farm but it changes rapidly. The trick is to work fast. The more plein air painting I do the more able I am to capture the moment. This makes for a more impressionist painting, but to me, that is what it is all about. The moment, the mood, the lingering shadows, the softness of colors. It is about making you imagine that you are there or bringing forth a memory for you of such a time that you also spent an evening beside the tidal bay waters.

I have only just left there and already am eager to return and paint more. We had a grand time painting, exploring, visiting. What more could anyone ask?

If you are interested in this 10 X 8 oil on panel, please email me. melanie.farmer@gmail.com It is $169 framed or $149 unframed.

Melanie Farmer paintings are internationally copyrighted. Do not reproduce in any form without written permission.

No comments: