Sunday, October 04, 2009

Mt Blue from Mosher Hiil, Farmington, Maine


This painting was started on location in a class with Ronal Parlin. I finished it in my studio much later. Mt. Blue is always one of my favorite mountains to paint. I grew up in the morning shadow of Mt. Spec, second highest mountain in Maine, so I suppose, subconsciously, I still search the landscape for beautiful, majestic mountains to paint. Mt. Blue is one I see often in my daily comings and goings and climb whenever I can. It is a fabulous mountain, one that deserves admiration and respect.

If you would like to purchase this 10x8 oil on panel, please email me. melanie.farmer@gmail.com

The price is $179 plus tax for Maine residents.

All Melanie Farmer paintings are internationally copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any form without written permission from the artist.

No comments: