Thursday, March 28, 2013

Portraits ~ Janice Scott

   

  Years ago my artist friends used to come over and pose for me. They didn't mind if I finished it or not or even if it didn't look exactly like them, but were happy to spend an afternoon modeling for me. I think they like being asked. Several of us got together quite regularly and painted.
  Here is one of Janice Scott (God rest her soul!) painted in 1993.  She had great facial bone structure and I loved to paint her. She was a fun, colorful lady who had a very interesting life and told great stories about her experiences.  She and her husband sold their house and moved to the Southwest and unfortunately, I never saw her again. This is a 10 X 15 watercolor on paper. Not for sale.

All Melanie Farmer paintings are internationally copyrighted and may not be reproduced by any means without written permission from the artist. 



No comments: