Monday, December 18, 2006

Grand Manan from Liberty Point, Canada


In August from Lubec, Tammy and I crossed over the border to Campobello Island and drove around for a couple of hours seeing the sights, stopping for a leisurely picnic lunch at East Quoddy Lighthouse. Then we drove to the southern tip of the island to Liberty Point and set up and painted. Tammy has one she has been working on for the past two summer trips, looking back towards West Quoddy Lighthouse. I painted the Frog at Liberty Point with a palette knife and brush combo. Grand Manan Island in the distance. The frog rock looks more like a frog from further off. However I liked the spot I was in, the deep blue of the ocean, the lush greens on the coast, the wind keeping the flies off us. Tomorrow I will post another done in Canada. If you wish to add this 10 x 8 to your art collection, please email me. $169 plus tax. 
Melanie Farmer paintings are internationally copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission.

No comments: