Monday, January 08, 2007

A Painting a Day - Small's Falls, Rangeley, Maine


Today I decided to do a painting of a very popular place along Route 4 to Rangeley, Small's Falls. Last summer I hiked up along the trail beside it. Beyond this falls you see in my painting, there is another smaller one. Off on the other side of the hill another branch has another wider falls. It is all very spectacular and powerful. No wonder so many young folks hang out there and occasionally dive off the high rocks into the pool below! This is an oil on gessoed paper, which I will mount on board. It is approxmately 5.5 X 7.5. If you would like to own this lovely piece, please contact me by email.

Melanie Farmer paintings are internationally copyrighted. Do not reproduce in any form without written permission.

No comments: