Sunday, December 20, 2015

Beaver Pond

Beaver Pond Rt 17
  As I was driving south along Route 17 from Height of Land, the soft evening light of a late autumn day was settling over the mountains to the west. At the bottom of a big hill I passed this little pond. There were a few vehicles parked there and some men were fishing along the shore. One had his young son with him and he came over to see what I was doing, parked on the opposite side of the road and sitting under the hatch of my Jeep, as I often do when painting plein air. We chatted a bit and then he went on the the business of fishing. 
  This is a lovely spot and I want to return to see it in the early morning light and in different seasons.
  This framed 14x11 oil painting is $229 (plus tax in Maine). Please contact me by email if you wish to purchase it. melanie.farmer@gmail.com.
 All Melanie Farmer paintings are internationally copyrighted and may not be reproduced by any means without written permission from the artist. 




No comments: