Sunday, December 20, 2015

Cascade Brook - Farmington

Cascade Brook - Farmington
  Years ago I hiked in to Cascade Brook in Farmington with several fellow artists. It was a damp day and there had been a heavy rain overnight, so I took my oil paints and brushes and set up near the brook to paint en plein air. I did not finish it that day and the painting was not very pleasing to me. It remained unfinished in my studio and I would take it out from time to time to work on it, but never could do anything that I liked with it. 
  One day when I had been working with my pallet knife, as I often like to do, I set it up on my easel and began to mix and apply the paint with a pallet knife. The original spot and the day returned in my mind and the paint magically flowed from my knife. That was just what it needed!
  If you would like to purchase this 18x22 oil on panel for $599, please email me. melanie.farmer@gmail.com.
  All Melanie Farmer paintings are internationally copyrighted and may not be reproduced by any means without written permission from the artist. 

No comments: