Sunday, December 20, 2015

Old Speck and Three Birches

Old Speck and Three Birches

  Mountains rarely change, but the landscape you see in front of them often changes rapidly. Here is "Old Speck", aka Mt. Spec to those who grew up around it. I have seen this fourth highest mountain in Maine in all seasons for many years and am always feasting my eyes on it from every distance and every vantage point I happen across. I often stop and capture it in fleeting light with my camera, afraid that soon the trees will grow up in front of it so it can't be seen. Sometimes I stop and make quick sketches.
  As a child, I hiked it many times with family and friends, and continue to do so as an adult, often alone but sometimes with others. The Eyebrow Loop is more of a challenge than the old Fire Warden's Trail but it has far better views.
  If you would like to purchase this 14x11 framed oil painting, $229 (plus tax in Maine), please contact me via email. melanie.farmer@gmail.com.
All Melanie Farmer paintings are internationally copyrighted and may not be reproduced by any means without written permission from the artist. 

 

No comments: